- Course Description
This course aims to equip and update nurses and allied healthcare professionals on infection control principles and practices to enable them to function effectively as healthcare professionals in their respective clinical areas.
As infection prevention and control is an integral part of healthcare delivery, nurses and allied health professionals have an important role to play to ensure that their own safety and those of the patients under their care are not compromised.
- Course Objectives
To provide nurses and allied health professionals with comprehensive knowledge on basic microbiology, disease transmission process, principles of epidemiology, common infectious diseases and current evidence-based infection control principles and practices.
- Course Outline
• Basic microbiology & immunology
• Overview and principles of epidemiology
• Evidence-based infection control principles and practices
• Emerging and re-emerging infections
• Prevention & control of common healthcare associated infections
• Components of an effective infection control program
• Role of Infection Control Committee, IC Professionals and IC Link Officers
• Multi Drug Resistant Organism (MDRO)
• Sterilization and Disinfection
- Course Structure
Duration: 2 days (14 hours)
- Who Should Attend
• New Infection Control Practitioners / Nurses
• Nurses & Allied Health Professionals with general interest and/or secondary infection control duties
- Certificate Awarded
A “Certificate of Attendance” will be awarded by Parkway College.
- Course Fee
Per Participant: S$749
- • Skills Development Funding of $2/hr is available for Singaporeans and Permanent Residents. Listed fees are before funding.
- 1. Fees are inclusive of prevailing Government Goods & Services Tax.
- 2. Parkway College reserves the right to postpone or cancel the courses if minimum enrolment is not met.