Advanced Diploma in Healthcare Management
- **Important Note
- Course Description
Managing a present day hospital is a complex task. With rapid changes taking place in medical research and techniques, the facilities and services have also undergone significant changes. Hospital managers are, therefore, faced with managing a vast range of services, changing patient profiles, high cost of procuring and servicing equipment, and people management.
The Advanced Diploma in Healthcare Management programme is designed to equip healthcare working professionals with a comprehensive knowledge of the essential areas in healthcare management.
If you are seeking to widen your knowledge and your professional standing in the field of healthcare, look no further. This programme will give you a broad-based education in healthcare management. You will also learn from hospital leaders with rich industry knowledge and experience.
This programme will certainly give you a distinct advantage when pursuing a management career in the healthcare industry.
- Course Objectives
Upon completion of this programme, you will have the knowledge and confidence to contribute effectively to the management of your healthcare organization and its attainment of organizational goals.
- Course Code
- Course Structure
1. Duration: 10 months on part-time basis
2. Total curriculum hours: 270
3. Course delivery: Delivered over 3 semesters
4. Mode of delivery: Lectures conducted 3 times a week from 7pm to 10pm
5. Intake commencement date: TBA
6. Registration closing date: TBA
- Course Outline
The course consists of 9 modules:
- • AHM101 – Hospital Operations
• AHM102 – Healthcare Operations Management
• AHM103 – Healthcare Management
• AHM104 – Patient Safety
• AHM105 – Financial Management in Healthcare
• AHM106 – Human Resource Management in Healthcare
• AHM107 – Healthcare Informatics
• AHM108 – Healthcare Quality
• AHM109 – Professionalism and Ethics in Healthcare
Please download Module Synopsis for the synopsis of each module.
- • AHM101 – Hospital Operations
- Entry Requirements
- • Polytechnic Diploma or equivalent Private Diploma in any area of studies AND
- • 2 years of work experience in the healthcare sector
- • Applicants whose entry qualification was not attained in English medium are required to have IELTS with an overall score of at least 6.0
Applicants who do not have work experience in the healthcare sector may also apply and will be assessed on a case-by-case basis
- Who Should Attend
• Healthcare professionals currently working in a healthcare institution who do not have a formal education in healthcare
• Professionals who wish to do a mid-career switch into the healthcare sector
- Course Assessment
Written examinations and assignments for each module.
- Graduation Criteria
Students shall be awarded the Advanced Diploma in Healthcare Management by Parkway College of Nursing and Allied Health when they have:
- a) passed all required modules
- b) completed all necessary course work and
- c) met all financial and administrative obligations to the College
- Certificate Awarded
Advanced Diploma in Healthcare Management, awarded by Parkway College.
- How to Apply
Submit a completed application form in person with the required documents.
Course fees: S$6,741
Application fee: S$214
Enrolment fee: S$321
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
Refer to FAQ Page.