Course Preview for Master of Health Administration
11 November 2019, Monday (6:30pm – 8:00pm)
6.45pm Introduction to Programme
Are you looking for opportunities to develop your career and leadership potential in the health sector?
Develop strategic, analytical and management skills essential for you to advance your career in the health sector. With a focus on aged care within the global health sector, the course looks at real world examples to deliver teaching that is practical and relevant to your career.
Since the launch of the Healthcare 2020 Masterplan, Singapore’s healthcare professional workforce has expanded by 9,000 from 2011 to 2014. It is on track to expand by another 11,000 by 2020. National recognition of skills in the healthcare industry and development of career progression pathways and remuneration frameworks is also being developed as announced in the Budget 2018.
If you would like to advance your career in the health sector, postgraduate studies in Healthcare Management will help you achieve your goals.
• Course duration: 24 months on part-time basis
• Course commencement date: 29 Feb 2020
Register now to attend our Course Preview to find out more!
About the Master of Health Administration Course
Flinders University’s Master of Health Administration programme aims to enhance the competencies of middle level health service managers, equipping them to move to more senior management positions. The programme is 100% coursework and assignment-based. Students will participate in online discussions and attend workshops held over the weekend by Flinders fly-in faculty and tutorials supported by the Flinders local faculty.
Who are our students? A community of health professionals based in Singapore.
Our students come from various professional backgrounds such as nursing, allied health, medical, administration and management and are established professionals who want to expand their knowledge of management in the health sector, or develop their skills and competencies for career progression.
“As strategic communication professionals in the healthcare field, understanding what matters most to our clinicians, nurses and their patients definitely adds value to what and how we communicate. The course [Master of Healthcare Administration] has given me ample opportunities to network and interact with other healthcare professionals, eager to make a difference by sharing their experiences and insights on advanced issues in healthcare management, aged care, ethics and public policy.” – Celene, Assistant Manager, Hospice Sector
Applicants should fulfil both of the following requirements:
• At least 23 years old with a degree from a recognized university OR a diploma in Nursing, Allied Health or Healthcare related field
• At least 4 years of working experience in the health or aged care sector
Note: applicants whose entry qualification was not attained in English medium are required to have IELTS with an overall score of at least 6.0.
Our Competitive Advantage
Our course offers you:
• A balance between essential theory and management tools
• Teaching faculty with senior management experience
• Study and networking with peers in a convenient location
• Assessment tasks that address current issues in your workplace
• Convenience of online learning combined with face-to-face workshops
• 100% coursework and assignment-based postgraduate qualification
Reasons to Choose This Course
• Strong foundational subjects in Leadership, HRM, Organisational Behaviour and Finance. Cutting-edge developments in areas such as Operations Management, Health Informatics, Design Thinking and Innovation.
• Flinders faculty has strong practical management experience and is supported by both industry-based lecturers and academic leaders. Course content is updated constantly and stays relevant to the needs of practicing healthcare managers.
• Taught by Flinders faculty and supplemented by local faculty to ensure relevance to the Singapore Health System and also provide both local and international perspective relevant to the health sector.
• Teaching methods, content, class times and location is designed to be flexible to suit our learners’ needs with a combination of block workshops, evening classes and online discussions.
• Optional enrolment in Flinders University short courses in Adelaide (Lean Thinking and Clinical Process Redesign) in lieu of one of the selected Singapore topics.
• Option to receive a Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma, which can be converted to a Master of Health Administration at a later date by re-joining the programme.
• Accredited by the Australasian College of Health Service Management (ACHSM).
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Please fill the enquiry form at
Registration Terms & Conditions
By registering for this event, you will be added to our mailing list to receive information on the event and course that you have registered.
Can I bring a guest?
You may bring your colleagues, friends or family members to the preview. Please register a ticket for yourself under General Admission and register a ticket for your guest under Accompanying Guest.
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
Please alight at Orchard MRT Station and walk along Mount Elizabeth Road, between Lucky Plaza and Paragon Shopping Centre. Parking is available at MEMC Carpark and parking rates apply.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Please show either a printed ticket or flash the ticket on your mobile phone.
Can I update or cancel my registration?
Please update your registration details and status via EventBrite.
Is my registration ticket transferrable?
Interested parties may obtain a new ticket on EventBrite.
May international candidates apply for the course?
Candidates must have a valid residency status. Student Pass application is not available for international candidates.