1) Local and International applicants for Nursing and Radiography courses are required to undergo health screening and immunization to determine their health status and reduce the risk of vaccine-preventable diseases for students who are at risk of exposure to and possible transmission of these infections. The cost of the medical examination shall be borne by the student.
2) As per course admission procedures, the applicant will have to submit the completed SA04 – Medical Examination Report.
a. For applicants in Singapore, the medical examination must be done in Singapore by any registered medical practitioner.
b. International applicants will complete the medical examination in their home countries/places of residence at any medical clinic licensed to carry out such tests.
c. International students who are accepted for the course will undergo the Medical Examination again in a clinic in Singapore after they have arrived here for the course.
3) The pre-enrolment medical examination will consist of the following, but not exhaustive:
- Hepatitis B Surface Anti-body (Anti-HBs)
- Hepatitis B Surface Antigen (HBsAg)
- Hepatitis C (Anti-HCV)
- Human Immunodeficency Virus (HIV Test)
- TB (Chest X-ray)
- Varicella IgG
- Rubella IgG
- Urine labstick (protein, sugar and pregnancy test – for female student only)
Note: Ladies are advised to go for the medical checkup after their period as a urine test is required.
4) The original copy of the laboratory reports must be attached to the Parkway College Medical Examination Report.