Course Application Procedures for International Students
To apply for entry into any of our academic programmes, please complete and sign a copy of the application form and submit the application form with the following:
- Application Fee
- Certified True Copy of Passport
- 1 recent colour photograph (35mm wide by 45 mm high without border)
- Certified true copies of relevant academic certificates and transcripts/results slips. If the original is not in English, an official translation/notorised copy may be required.
- Resume (if required)
- Medical Examination Report with supporting documents (if applicable)
Besides meeting the entry requirements for the course, all international students are required to apply for a Student’s Pass from the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) of Singapore. The ICA of Singapore requires all
international students to hold a valid Student’s Pass for their full-time study in Singapore.
Information on immigration procedures and Student’s Pass application can be found at the website: http://www.ica.gov.sg/
- The normal processing time is about 6 to 8 weeks upon receipt of your application and documents required. However, some applications may take a longer time to process.
For successful applicants, you will receive an offer
The offer package will state the payable Tuition Fees, Enrolment Fee, Fee Protection Scheme premium with Lonpac Insurance Bhd, Medical Insurance Coverage that is compulsory for all full-time students as well as the Orientation/Matriculation
- Student Admin will assist International students in registering for their Student’s Pass online. Once you receive the Registration Acknowledgement, you are required to log into SOLAR+ using the Registration Acknowledgement
details and complete the submission to ICA online.
Online payment of S$30 is required as processing fees. This fee is non-refundable regardless of the outcome of the application or if application is withdrawn after submission. Online payment is by Credit/Debit card or internet
banking (Citibank, DBS/POSB/UOB/Amex).
- Once ICA has approved the Student’s Pass, we will send you the In-principle Approval (IPA) letter for Student’s Pass collection.
- 2 original sets of PEI-Student Contracts will be given out to every student on the Matriculation Day. The students will be briefed by Student Admin on the contract clauses before they sign the contracts. The student will retain
1 copy for their own reference and the other copy is to be kept with Student Admin.
- After signing of the contracts, Student Admin will collect the necessary fees as indicated in the Offer Letter:
- Enrolment Fee
- Tuition Fee
- Fee Protection Scheme premium with Lonpac Insurance Bhd
- Medical Insurance Coverage (if applicable)
- Other Miscellaneous Fees
Mode of payment is by Cash, Credit Card, Telegraphic Transfer, Cheque, Money Order or Cashier’s Order in Singapore currency. Receipts will be issued upon payment from the students.
- Student Admin will apply for the FPS for students within 7 working days from the day that they make payment for their course fees. Lonpac Insurance Bhd will send a copy of the Certificate of Insurance (COI) to the student automatically
International students who wish to pursue full-time studies in Singapore in an institution are required to apply for a Student’s Pass.
New applications for Student’s Pass must be submitted at least 2 months and not more than 3 months before the course starts.
Applicants are not required to be present in Singapore while their applications are being considered. Hence, no extension of stay will be considered while the applications are under processing.
Successful applicants may enter Singapore to complete the formalities after their applications have been approved.
The following documents are required for application and collection of Student’s Pass:
- In-principle approval (IPA) letter for Student’s Pass. In the IPA letter, ICA may request some applicants to furnish additional documents in support of the application, where necessary.
The following are the basic documents required:
- Valid Passport and a copy of the personal particulars page;
- Embarkation/Disembarkation Card;
- Recent passport-sized colour photograph, taken against white background;
- Medical Report (ICA) and original copy of the Laboratory Report;
- The printout of Student’s Pass application e-Forms (16, V36A, V39S and V36, where applicable) submitted through SOLAR+ and duly signed by the applicant;
- Issuance fee of S$60 is required for every pass that is issued.
Payment can either be made online with Credit/Debit card or internet banking (Citibank, DBS/POSB/UOB/ Amex) or at the self-service kiosk at ICA Building
(1st level – eLobby) by eNets or Cashcard.
An additional fee of S$30 for multiple entry visas may be applicable.
The following additional documents might be required if:
- Applicant is a national from the visa-required countries
- Documentary proof of financial ability in the form of bank statements/fixed deposit accounts/saving accounts (photocopy).
- One of the applicant’s parents/step parents is a Singapore Citizen/Singapore Permanent Resident
- Parent’s/step parent’s official marriage certificate/divorce certificate and applicant’s custody paper, where applicable (photocopy);
- Parent’s/step parent’s highest educational certificate (photocopy);
- Parent’s/step parent’s letter of employment (letter should state date of commencement of employment, designation, and salary per month) or copy of Business Registration Certificate (Instant Computer Printout)
if applicant’s parent/step parent is self-employed. These documents should not be issued more than 1 month ago;
- Parent’s/step parent’s monthly CPF contribution for the past 12 months; and
- Parent’s/step parent’s Income Tax Assessment Notices for the past 3 years (photocopy).
- Applicant’s spouse is a Singapore Citizen/Singapore Permanent Resident
- Spouse’s marriage certificate/divorce certificate (where applicable – photocopy);
- Spouse’s highest educational certificates (photocopy);
- Spouse’s letter of employment (letter should state date of commencement of employment, designation, and salary per month) or Business Registration Certificate (Instant Computer Printout) if applicant’s spouse
is self-employed. These documents should not be issued more than 1 month ago;
- Spouse’s monthly CPF contribution for the past 12 months; and
- Spouse’s Income Tax Assessment Notices for the past 3 years (photocopy).
- Applicant is not nationals from Malaysia and Brunei or not holders of valid Dependant’s Pass, long term Visit Pass and work pass or not Children/Spouse of Singapore Citizens /Permanent Residents
- A duly completed Security Bond Form and a Security Deposit in the form of Banker’s Guarantee from any bank in Singapore.
Note: Successful applicants are required to produce all original copies of their basic and supporting documents for verification when collecting the Student’s Passes.
The following information is extracted from the guidance notes issued by ICA:
- Students are not allowed to engage in any undesirable or work-related activities for the duration of their studies in Singapore. The ICA reserves the right to cancel the Student’s Pass if students do not attend class without
any valid reason for 7 consecutive days or their attendance is 90% and below. At the end of the programme, students have to return their Student’s Pass to ICA once their Student’s Pass is cancelled.
- For the application of Student’s Pass, an applicant must be accepted into an approved full-time course. An applicant who wishes to take up part-time course or course conducted in the evening or weekend will NOT be eligible
for Student’s Pass.
- Applicant will have to furnish additional documents and information whenever necessary.
- Please note that all original documents must be presented for verification. Official translation of the documents is required if they are not in the English language.
- Please ensure that all forms are duly signed and completed by the applicant and the College. Applications with incomplete forms or documents will NOT be accepted for processing.
- Applicant must be in Singapore on a valid immigration pass to collect the Student’s Pass. Applicant needs to make an appointment and bring all the documents listed in the IPA letter to ICA Building only after the application
has been approved. Student’s Pass will only be issued if the conditions as stipulated in the In-Principle Approval letter are fulfilled.
- The student shall not enter or be retained as a student in any other school(s) or course(s) other than that indicated on the Student’s Pass.